Your tax-deductible contribution to Alchemist CDC is vitally important to sustaining and expanding our programs. Fortunately, there are almost as many easy ways to donate as there are reasons to support us.
We make the most of all the resources we receive. Alchemist improves access to local and healthy food for hundreds of low-income people with very low overhead spending compared to our impact. We have only a few employees and the dedication of our volunteers and interns to cover farmers markets, convenience stores, outreach and education.
We have no fancy offices, skip the frills, and are careful in our spending. And yet we make meaningful change for individuals, families and communities who seek affordable, healthy food. Our programs, presentations and informative materials reach across Sacramento and Yolo counties and across cultures and economic sectors, so although we count on several generous grants, there are always additional needs we can fill and new opportunities we can develop if we have your support.
What your donation buys:
$100 allows us to operate CalFresh processing at one farmers’ market for a week.
$50 allows us inform 100 CalFresh recipients that they can now spend their benefits at farmers’ markets.
$30 allows us to promote the fresh produce offered at our Convenience Store Make-Over projects to 100 residents in the store’s vicinity.
$200 provides fresh California-grown produce to 40 families through Market Match incentives.
How to Donate:
Donate online using your credit card or Paypal balance.
Donate by mailing a check to:
1800 21st St., Ste. 100
Sacramento, CA 95811
Donate at the Farmers’ Market:
If you’re shopping at any of the following farmers’ markets, you can see our work first hand and while you’re there, make a cash or check donation to Alchemist at our CalFresh booth at the market:
- The Promenade Farmers’ Market: Operating Saturdays June through Oct., 8:00am – noon, at (Target, Sports Authority) 3637 N. Freeway Drive (Off of Gateway Blvd.in N. Natomas)
- Florin Sears Farmers’ Market: Operating Thursdays year round, 8am-noon at the Florin Sears Store, Florin Rd. and 65th St. – front parking lot, Sacramento
- Central: Downtown State Parking Lot Farmers’ Market: Operating Sundays year round, 8am-noon, at 8th & W Streets, Sacramento
- Laguna Gateway: Laguna Blvd. & Big Horn Blvds. in Elk Grove: Operating Saturdays year round, 8am-noon.
- Sunrise Farmers’ Market: Sunrise Light Rail Station parking lot on Sunrise at Folsom in Rancho Cordova: Operating Saturdays year round, 8am-noon.
- Cesar Chavez Plaza Farmers’ Market: 10th & J Streets, Sacramento: Operating Wednesdays May-October 10am-1:30pm.
Attend our fundraising events:
Fun, delicious, full of good company and wonderful raffle prizes. Stay tuned for the next one.
No matter the form or amount, your donation provides real and valuable services and neighborhood improvements for under-served communities in the Sacramento region.