Your tax-deductible contribution to Alchemist CDC is vitally important to sustaining and expanding our programs. Fortunately, there are almost as many easy ways to donate as there are reasons to support us.
We make the most of all the resources we receive. Alchemist improves access to local and healthy food for thousands of low-income people. We have only a few employees and the dedication of our volunteers and interns to cover farmers markets, store tours, outreach and education.
We provide meaningful resources and programs for individuals, families and communities who seek affordable, healthy food and community spaces. Our programs, presentations and informative materials reach across Sacramento and Yolo counties and across cultures and economic sectors.
Want more information about Alchemist, including summaries of our programs and financial reports? Please see our detailed profile by clicking here.
What your donation buys:
$500 provides a month of maintenance at a community pocket park.
$200 provides fresh California-grown produce to 40 families through Market Match incentives.
$125 allows us to provide a planter box to help transform a blighted alley.
$100 allows us to operate CalFresh processing at one farmers’ market for a week.
$50 allows us inform 100 CalFresh recipients that they can now spend their benefits at farmers’ markets.
$25 allows us to provide a Healthy Shopping on a Budget store tour including $10 of healthy groceries for the participant’s family.
How to Donate:
Donate online using your credit card or Paypal balance.
Donate by mailing a check to:
909 12th St. Suite #200
Sacramento, CA 95814
Donate while you shop:
- Shop with Amazon Smile to have Amazon donate to Alchemist whenever you purchase from them
- Or use WeCare.com to generate donations when you buy from their many participating businesses.
Donate at the Farmers’ Market:
If you’re shopping at any of the following farmers’ markets, you can see our work first hand and while you’re there, make a cash or check donation to Alchemist at our CalFresh booth at the market:
- Florin Sears Farmers’ Market: Operating Thursdays year round, 8am-noon at the Florin Sears Store, Florin Rd. and 65th St. – front parking lot, Sacramento
- Central: Downtown State Parking Lot Farmers’ Market: Operating Sundays year round, 8am-noon, at 8th & W Streets, Sacramento
- Midtown Farmers’ Market: Operating Saturdays 8am-1pm at 20th between J and L Streets
- Laguna Gateway: Laguna Blvd. & Big Horn Blvds. in Elk Grove: Operating Saturdays year round, 8am-noon.
- Sunrise Farmers’ Market: Sunrise Light Rail Station parking lot on Sunrise at Folsom in Rancho Cordova: Operating Saturdays year round, 8am-noon.
- Country Club Plaza: Operating Saturdays 8am-noon, Watt and El Camino (Butano Dr. Parking Lot)
- Cesar Chavez Plaza Farmers’ Market: Operating Wednesdays May-October 10am-1:30pm at 10th & J Streets
- Fremont Park Farmers’ Market: Operating Tuesdays May through September, 10:00am-1:30pm at 16th and P Streets
- Mack Road Farmers’ Market: Operating Fridays May through September 8am-noon at 6100 Mack Road
Attend our fundraising events:
Fun, delicious, full of good company and wonderful raffle prizes. Stay tuned for the next one.
No matter the form or amount, your donation provides real and valuable services and neighborhood improvements for under-served communities in the Sacramento region.